BWA COVID-19 UPDATE
- Avoid social gatherings greater than 10 people.
- Practice social distancing, maintaining a distance of 6-feet from the next person.
- Adhering to strict frequent hand washing to protect yourself and our most vulnerable populations.
- Wiping down constant contact surfaces regularly with an alcohol based product.
- If you feel ill, call your primary physician who will tell you how to proceed with testing, care and treatment.
- If you are an older person, stay home and away from others.
- If you have a serious underlying health condition, stay home and away from others.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips and social visits.
- Use drive-through, pickup and food delivery services.
- Again, practice good hygiene such as washing your hands, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face.
Karen Cole, MD, MPH, MBA
Connie Richardson, RN
2020 Census Operational Adjustments Due to COVID-19
The 2020 Census is underway and households across America are responding every day. In light of
the COVID-19 outbreak, the U.S. Census Bureau has adjusted 2020 Census operations in order to:
• Protect the health and safety of Census Bureau employees and the American public.
• Implement guidance from federal, state, and local health authorities.
• Ensure a complete and accurate count of all communities.
The 2020 Census counts everyone in the United States, including college students. College students will be counted where they usually live, even if they are temporarily staying elsewhere while their school is closed because of COVID-19.
Students who normally live at school should be counted at school, even if they are temporarily living somewhere else because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This February and every month, please take these important tips to heart:
• Heart disease is the leading cause of death in America
• Heart disease is the # 1 killer of Black women
• Protect your heart by leading a healthy lifestyle, including engaging in regular
physical activity and eating a healthy diet (10 minutes of exercise helps your